Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

MARCH 1st

Writing is hard 
when my mind is whirring, whirring, whirring 
like a dryer tumbler, 
tumbling thoughts around, 
bouncing into one another, 
round and round.

It is the kind of constant brain noise 
that keeps me from settling 
into restful sleep, 
even though 
I am utterly 
exhausted.

It is the kind of mind clutter 
that generates new ideas 
that make me want to wake Mark 
in the middle of the night 
to share new bursts of thought.

Writing is hard 
when my brain keeps moving, 
but maybe 
(just maybe) 
writing 
will help.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're here. Hoping your words bring the help you seek. We are blessed when you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it help? Love the image of thoughts tumbling like clothes in the dryer. Writing is hard, sometimes I wonder why in the world did I get on this roller coaster. But then I would not have met you and many others, and you have made my life richer by writing and being a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are a deep thinker engaged in life! Writing shares your valuable insights and sometimes, fo me, starts my own mind whirring! Rest is important, too and maybe by writing you have a place to park your ideas for awhile so you can. Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing helps. Writing heals. Writing sounds like the medicine you need. So happy to read your words, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are here. Writing will help. You as a writer know it. You as a person know it. I hope writing will bring some joy too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete