Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Sunday, September 27, 2015

CELEBRATE 9.26.15

celebrate weekly with Ruth Ayres and friends
"All those golden autumn days the sky was full of wings."
-Laura Ingalls Wilder
First Day of Fall
In the midst of my morning routine their cackles drew me to the window.  I looked out, half-expecting to see that what sounded like massive amounts of birds would turn out to be the squealing breaks of an aging automobile.  But nature did not disappoint.

A congregation of crows had taken over our treetops. 

I paused for a moment in between packing lunches and feeding dogs.  I marveled in the wonder of a sky filled with wings.  I chuckled when the meeting that had seemed to adjourn appeared to pick right back up again, this time along rooftops. 

I carried away with me the gentle reminder to listen to the music the earth has to offer.  






6 comments:

  1. Pausing to marvel in the middle of the morning routine seems to always be rewarded! Ahhh...I will remember to do this because of your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You paused, you marveled, you listened - a sublime recipe for celebrations! Love this reminder to listen to the music of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, amidst the many trees in this new place, we have fewer crows. I miss them, am happy you celebrated them today. Love hearing about them and seeing the pictures, Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the trees in the fall. Birds chirping. Your pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy, I see that fall has found you in the early morning hours. Thanks for sharing the quote by Laura Ingalls Wilder. With credit to you, I will include that quote in my newest gallery, Autumn's Palette when I unveil it at the end of the season. Please considering joining in. The invitation is at http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2015/09/finding-fall-invitation.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this..."I carried away with me the gentle reminder to listen to the music the earth has to offer."

    ReplyDelete