Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Sunday, May 17, 2015

CELEBRATION 5.17.15

 
I spent a few weeks struggling against an inner and outer ear infection, and I am finally able to think clearly and move with energy.  

Although I am not completely out of my funk, I do have enough clarity to look around and notice that when I am feeling weighed down (and when I am not) I am surrounded by people who reach out to me, brighten my day, and validate my struggle.

This week I found a surprise package from California waiting for me when I checked the mail (usually Mark's job, but since he is now under the weather, I took over).  A dear friend sent me a reminder that my words are worth coaxing out and even sent a handmade reminder that I am an author.  She sent me the messages my heart needed to hear.

Another friend, in Missouri, reached out to me through a text that included the words: "Teaching makes me insecure and crazy at times."  What a relief to know I am not the only one feeling this way! 

At school this week, when I was nearing a full-on meltdown, a supportive colleague, who had every reason to look at me like I was crazy given my irrationality, smiled and told me, "I have been there.  I have had days like that."  And just like that, I could feel the tension drain from my shoulders.

This weekend I have been able to reflect and acknowledge how I am feeling, but I am still struggling to work my way through it. 

In the meantime, I have been catching up on my latest Ali Edwards class, Type, hopeful that creating will at least keep me moving forward.  Here are some of my latest projects:


3 comments:

  1. You gave me hope this morning. Struggle makes us stronger in the end. Your words matter. Although I don't always comment, you encourage me each time I read your posts. Hope you have a day filled with unexpected joy and memories to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the good, powerful thought to hold close. I'm glad you are feeling better and returning to sharing your words. They always spark my thinking. Counting down the days until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your digital journal pages, words and pictures, are beautiful. I hope you find your way back to blogging. I missed your company.

    ReplyDelete