Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

30 DAY WRITING CHALLENGE day seven

4.7.15 | very loud


10 things that are very loud
1| music in my car
2| the television during dinner
3| my dogs barking
4| my red dress that appears to be straight out of the 70s
5| the tardy bell when I was in 7th grade
6| papers waiting to be graded
7| my heartbeat every time I hear live music
8| the distance between my sister and me
9| the dishwasher
10| kind words

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a loud dress! Interesting that something that doesn't make a sound in reality is so loud calling you to "grade me." Your writing rocks, every. single. time.
    (Hope that was loud to you 😃)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with elsie...every.single.time!! You explore so much in what at first seems like a simple list. The way you explore the various ways things are LOUD blows me away from the sound to the sight to the emotional feeling! It makes me experience it all. Your red dress is the right amount of loud for me( I would have worn it as a 70s teen and now, too:) ). The loud distance between you and your sister deafens me with sadness, the kind of numbness of something too loud. Yes so much...

    ReplyDelete