Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Sunday, March 29, 2015

CELEBRATION 3.29.15

It is Sunday night.  And I am celebrating.  In my world, Sunday nights are amongst things least likely to be cause for celebration.  And yet here I am.

I celebrate that I am not letting another week go by without blogging.

I celebrate that when life got hard last week, I was able to skip posting vintage slices on my blog guilt-free because I was not part of a challenge.  Skipping a post was not about letting anyone else down.  I have been posting for my own benefit.  And that feels good.

I celebrate that I have learned a lot over the past month--especially about who I am and who I want to become.

I celebrate that I have a notebook bursting with ideas I have not yet managed to make time to write.  

I celebrate that spring break means making time.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for returning here. I seriously miss you when the blog goes quiet. I am curious to what you found out about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Terje. I miss your carefully worded thoughts and insights to life, but I'm happy you post for you. A notebook bursting with ideas makes me smile, because I know I will get to read what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the Sunday night blues. Weekends always pass far too quickly. Is your spring break on the horizon? I miss your voice, but celebrate that posting is something you're doing for your own benefit. A notebook bursting with ideas is always cause for celebration. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday nights are the toughest! I love that your notebook is a treasured item.

    ReplyDelete