Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Sunday, September 14, 2014

in which I CELEBRATE the planet of humans and dogs

one | dogs
These two buddies make me smile.  They keep me company every moment I am home.  Even if I am mowing the lawn, they are running from window to window to keep up with me as I walk the mower back and forth. 







two | books
I finished this book this weekend:

Andrew Smith is brilliant.  I have a huge crush on his words.

And this stack of books is waiting for me.  Every one of these books is by an author I admire.  I love when I have books to read that I already know are going to blow me away. 

three | inspiration
I made time to finish this painting and get it to my dad in time for him to bring it to Jane on her birthday:

There is something really renewing about taking time to paint on a school night.  I might have to do this more often. 

four | writing
I met with my writing group for the first time since school started.  Although none of us had any writing to share, it was good to get together.  We inspire one another, hold each other accountable, and celebrate!  I have a list of ideas and a sense of urgency to get my pen moving.

five | jeans
Sometimes wearing jeans to work is enough to make my day.  Of course, it helps if I have cute shoes and a fun necklace.



3 comments:

  1. Very nice, every bit: nice dogs, beautiful painting, great books, cute shoes, pretty woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dog pics, the cute shoes & necklace, the stack of books with Brown Girl Dreaming on top. I just finished it last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would make anything cute! :) I love what you celebrate and how you notice and the words you choose. Like this, " I have a huge crush on his words." and "I have a list of ideas and a sense of urgency to get my pen moving." Get going on those ideas because reading what you write never fails to inspire!

    ReplyDelete