Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Sunday, June 15, 2014

in which I CELEBRATE the right kind of busy


celebrate your week on Saturdays with Ruth Ayres
Ahh, it’s summer.  That means I get to  s  l  o  w  down.  Or so I thought.  Instead it seems that since school ended my days have been filled from top to bottom.  However, they are being filled all the best kinds of things—things that are worth celebrating (in numbers):

one mended friendship
four meals shared with great company (including one Caribou smoothie)
three sweaty attempts to shed extra layers jogs through the woods
two crafty projects
two writing projects
five gifts for others
three visits with friends
one boring meeting at school opportunity to develop a meaningful literacy intervention
two stinky toilets that had to be scrubbed floors of clean house

I am finding that like a lot of things in life, sometimes CELEBRATION is hard all about perspective.

7 comments:

  1. I love your post. It's crazy how busy summers can be- but I agree that it is a good busy. I got more done from 7-10am one day last week than I think I did all school year (when you can call people during the day unlike during the school year).

    Perspective is key for me too. I love how you showed that your mind can choose to see it in the positive/negative.

    Thanks for reminding me to look for the good in each situation,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list needs a tune a'la twelve days of christmas. Life is often about perspectives, but it's so hard (not crossing it out) to keep it always positive. And I guess we don't have to always to be positive, but just majority of the time not to let the darkness rule. On the positive: when are you gong to share your art/craft?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, perspective is key. Can't wait to meet up again in a few days. There will be lots to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not the reality that counts, it's the perception. Or perspective. Ah, gee, I'm just going to go make some lemon cake! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used numbers and cross outs in your writing!

    On Tuesday afternoon, I get to s l o w down! Summer will be here! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment went up twice! Oops!

    ReplyDelete