Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

31 THINGS day twenty


I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, Ali's example, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here over 31 days.

 
created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards

day twenty | carry

I like to carry a purse that is more likely to be called a bag than a purse. I generally get excited when a bag I am using gets worn out because it means I get to move on to the next bag. Sometimes, I switch bags just because. I always keep my old purses, in case I might use them again.  Though I rarely {never} do.

 I am the kind of person who likes to be prepared for anything. So, even though I would love to travel lightly, my purse always contains things like:
·      tissues (travel packs selected by the design on the package)
·      lip balm (I am hooked on Burt’s Bees even though I am a lifelong Blistex user)
·      my phone (safely tucked away in a case, stowed in an outer pocket for easy access)
·      keys (for car, home, and school)
·      headache medicine (probably a larger bottle of this than needed)
·      sunglasses (stored in a cloth pouch to prevent scratching…even though they are cheap sunglasses)
·      wallet (currently silver metallic)
·      a brush and hair rubberbands (you never know when you might need a ponytail)

Generally, I try to avoid keeping change in my purse.  I am not a fan of loose change.  I prefer to gather my change up in jars, bring it to the bank, and treat it like found money by spending it on something completely frivolous.

In addition to my purse bag, to school I carry my lunch bag and backpack. Investing in a North Face backpack was the smartest school supply decision I made in preparation for this year. I had received a North Face backpack for my high school graduation that lasted me through college. Eventually, I passed it down to one of the kids I babysat. So, I knew the quality would make it worth the money.  This backpack has a padded pouch inside to slide my laptop into.  The security the pouch provides and its sheer convenience have made it possible for me to carry my laptop back and forth from school to home and back each day.  Wow, what a difference that simple move has made for me in terms of planning and instruction.  I have every document, every link, every idea at my fingertips whether I am at school or home.

No comments:

Post a Comment