Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

31 THINGS day twenty-six

I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, Ali's example, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here over 31 days.

created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards

day twenty-six | covet

Mark’s birthday is one week away.  I still have no idea what to get him.  He has yet to drop any hints or (per our usual arrangement) give me his wishlist.  He is the kind of guy, who when asked, will tell you he does not want for anything.

I am the type of girl who is content with what I have, too.  But there is always something on my wishlist. 

I covet things like books.  Lots of books.  And baskets.  Especially wire baskets.  I have no pressing need for it, but I always love a new roll of washi tape.  And brand new notebooks. 

Most of all, I covet time.  I have found that in order to fit in all of the things I want to squeeze into an evening, I have to hit the ground the running as soon as I leave school.  I would love to live a more relaxed existence.  That would take time. 

I would use time to slow down and eat dinner by candlelight more often.  I would use time to create more art.  I would use time to put more words on paper or tap more words onto a screen.  I would use time not just to talk to my closest friends and family, but to listen—really listen.

I would use time to read, take notes, and study the pile of professional books begging me to pick them up.  I would use time to walk longer distances.  I would use time to reflect on my one little word. 

I would use time.  It is number one on my wishlist.  I covet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment