Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Thursday, February 20, 2014

31 THINGS day twenty-eight


I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, Ali's example, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here over 31 days.

created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards

day twenty-eight | drink

I don’t drink.  Not only do I not consume alcohol (I’ve never had more than a few sips), but I often forget to drink liquids at all.  I have been to the emergency room only to find out the sole reason for my visit was my own dehydration.  Remedy: drink two glasses of water before leaving hospital. 

As a result, I am not really picky about the quality of the beverages I consume.  I figure whatever it takes to get me to drink enough in a day to stay hydrated is worth it.

 Mostly, I am embarrassed to admit, I drink Diet Sunkist orange pop.  Yes, I realize it is loaded with chemicals.  Yes, I realize it is not the most effective way (or even close to it) to keep myself hydrated.  I drink it anyway. 

When it gets warm out, I transition to drinking light lemonade and water with ice in it.  I take better care of myself in the summer, in general. 

Recently, I renewed my love of cherry Kool-Aid when I discovered the combination of Kool-Aid liquid flavor drops and seltzer water (or, in a pinch, diet ginger ale).  I especially love drinking cherry Kool-Aid with popcorn.  I actually dip popcorn into the Kool-Aid.  It is one of those things I have done since I was a kid.  Kind of like eating fries with a milkshake.

For breakfast, I have been drinking frozen Jamba Juice smoothie mixes.  This is my attempt to replace the void that Caribou Coffee’s strawberry-banana smoothies left in my life when all the Caribous near me closed down.  If I had to choose one drink to consume for the rest of my life, this would be it—my mouth waters just thinking about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Such interesting factoids I'm learning about you. :-) Diet orange, really? I'm more of a grape fan.

    ReplyDelete