Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

31 THINGS day twelve

I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, Ali's example, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here over 31 days.
 
created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards

day twelve | watch

I watch too much television, or just enough to keep me happy.

I watch my weight.  It is a never-ending struggle.

I watch The Good Wife and don’t know a single other soul who does, but they must be out there because the show is still on.

I watch students in the hallway, hearing only snippets of conversation as they pass. 

I watch American Idol; it is no So You Think You Can Dance, but I thoroughly enjoy it anyway.  Hello, Harry Connick, Jr.

I watch my dogs. What fascinating little creatures they are!

I watch Under the Gunn.  As a huge fan of Project Runway, I am thrilled that this show focuses on the mentoring process.  I am doing a lot of thinking and reflecting about workshop and effective instruction while I get my fashion on.   

I watch the neighbors across the street.  They are super kind to us, and I’d like to keep it that way. The police visit and have even busted in to search the place.  It is sometimes better than television.

I watch The New Girl and want to be Zooey Deschanel when I grow up. 

I watch my step on ice after a nasty fall in my driveway early this winter.

I watch The People’s Court. Everything in life can be connected back to a case on People’s Court.  Plus, I love to talk to my mom about the cases.  It is sort of like people watching in an airport or mall.  Except I don’t have to leave my couch.

I watch too much television, or just enough to keep me happy.

2 comments:

  1. I love how yo take that simple starter and each statement takes on its own personality, but yet it is linked with the previous statement.
    My father-in-law is also a huge Good Wife fan. I probably watch too much TV too.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Good Wife is a favorite of mine! Have watched it since the beginning!

    ReplyDelete