Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Sunday, February 23, 2014

31 THINGS day thirty-one {in which I CELEBRATE finding joy}

I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, Ali's example, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here over 31 days.

 
created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards

day thirty-one | joy

Every Saturday, Ruth Ayres invites the world to notice, record, and share celebrations from throughout the week. 

Sharing these favorite bits from throughout the week is a writing challenge as well as a sort of life challenge.  Knowing I am gathering fodder for a Saturday (or Sunday in some cases) celebration post, I move through my week with my eyes wide open.  Reasons to celebrate, sometimes difficult to spot, are tucked into everyday life.  Just the kind of life details this 31 Things challenge has been about. 

So, although I have many BIG things to be joyful about, here are some of the more ordinary bits of my life that brought me joy this week.

the message celebration saves and the kind words that came along with it

comments on my blog posts

thank you notesjust because

dogs climbing into my lap to snuggle

smiles on the faces of students (especially one in particular whose smiles have been rare lately)

sticking to my exercise routine

trying a new restaurant with Mark

phone calls and texts and giggles with Mom

writing with friends

reading an entire book in one sitting

3 comments:

  1. May the new week be filled with little and big joys also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed my daily dose of your thoughts related to a single word, I will miss it daily, but I know there will be other words and thoughts to read. :-)
    Your writing brings me joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been quite a ride, these 31 days, Christy. I will miss reading your words, look forward to what's next for you. Thanks for sharing so many good things in your life, and the not so good ones, too. Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete