Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Sunday, February 2, 2014

31 THINGS day ten

I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, Ali's example, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here over 31 days.
 
created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards

day ten | evening

Evenings are a work in progress in my world.

I like to think of my evenings as an opportunity to decompress, to relax, to soak in the day.  In reality, evenings are more of a frantic race to prepare for the following day.  I am eternally working to find a place of balance between the two.

Right now, in a typical evening I make time to:

one hour | walk (on the treadmill now, outside with the dogs when it gets nicer)

one hour | talk to my mom (often during that hour on the treadmill)

fifteen minutes | text Michelle, occasionally talk

half hour | read e-mails, click around online

one hour | do schoolwork (gathering, planning, grading, responding to e-mails) unless I stayed late after school

one hour | write for my blogs and work on a bigger writing project

one hour | eat dinner (sometimes even cook it and/or clean up afterwards)

as much time as possible | talk to Mark

ten minutes | prep my bag for the following day

fifteen minutes | iron our clothes for the following day

an hour and half | watch television (usually during dinner, sometimes spilling over)

every moment I have a free hand | play with/pet dogs (often while I watch television)

twenty minutes | take a bath

twenty minutes | read

1 comment:

  1. Reading about your evening makes me wish to pay more attention to what I do. It seems that the evening is over quickly and I haven't done much at all.

    ReplyDelete