Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Saturday, February 8, 2014

31 THINGS day sixteen

I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, Ali's example, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here over 31 days.

created using Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards

day sixteen | uniform

I have made some really poor fashion choices over the years.  A denim Winnie-the-Pooh dress with a turtleneck underneath during my senior year in high school comes to mind. 

I would like to think the days of poor fashion choices are behind me. 

I would definitely be wrong.

I like quirky things.  I would rather have style-gone-wrong than have no style at all.  The end result is that I will forever be making some really awesome fashion choices and some terrible ones. 

Lately, because it has been so cold, I have been wearing lots of layers.  My go-to outfit has been patterned button-down shirts with collars underneath sweaters.  I like to unbutton and fold the sleeves of the under-layer over the sleeves of the sweater.  The more splashes of color, the better.  I would prefer to wear jeans everyday, but for work I usually pair this with simple gray or black dress pants. 

Another combination that makes me feel like myself is a dress, a cardigan sweater or denim jacket layered over it, with tights and boots.  I prefer dresses when it is warm enough out that I can get away with no tights, but I don’t mind the variety of looks that changes in season force me into.  In fact, when I get tired of a season, is usually because I am ready to shift to the next season’s wardrobe. 

Regardless of the season, my around-the-house uniform is the same.  As soon as I get home and expect to be in for the night, I change into black performance fleece pajama pants, a fitted tee, hooded sweatshirt, fuzzy socks, and slippers.  Occasionally, if I am really warm, the fleece pants are replaced by oversized boxer shorts. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the at home uniform. Yoga pants and pullover hoodie and socks for me. Great minds, yada yada yada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet we are wearing a similar uniform and writing at the same time most nights. ;)

    ReplyDelete