Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

31 THINGS day six

I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here for the next 31 days.
 
created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards


day six | you

10 THINGS ABOUT ME TODAY:

age | 35

favorite part of my day | The last few moments before deciding to sleep.  These moments are spent reading, cuddling the pups, or laughing with Mark. 

loving | New challenges (31 Things, Artwork, Writing).

longing for | Warmer weather.  At this point, I’ll even settle for a humid spring, my least favorite of the seasons.

inspired by | *New authors (*new to me).  Students who take risks and choose to challenge themselves.  My one little word: lift.

dreaming of | Staying centered.  Making my plan work.  Having reason to feel proud at the end of the school year. 

needing | Routine.  Too many days off of school means I am fluctuating between productivity and hibernation.  Routine means balance.

navigating | A new approach to instruction.  Planning and assessing differently. 

struggling with | My hair (trying to stay committed to letting it get longer).  Using my time efficiently.

knowing | Life is good.   People matter.

1 comment: