Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Friday, January 31, 2014

31 THINGS day eight

I am participating in a class with Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes called 31 Things.  Every day includes a word, writing prompts, dig deeper prompts, a writing tip, and a photo challenge.  In addition to the prompts, templates for a physical album and/or digital album are included.  I am creating a digital album and plan to share the results here for the next 31 days.

created with Photoshop Elements 9 and tools from 31 Things with Ali Edwards
day eight | transportation

some fun facts about transportation and me…

I drive a Subaru Forester.  A silver Subaru Forester.  I love my Subaru.  Every time I am ready to trade in my car, I get a new Forester. 

My husband, a die-hard JEEP guy when we first met, has converted.  He now drives a Subaru Outback. 

However, my transportation of choice is my own two feet. A couple years ago, the Village Hall moved two blocks away from our house and brought with it a beautiful walking/biking trail.  My feet have been itching to hop off the treadmill and onto those paths.  They are hoping the groundhog will be on their side. 

My bicycle is a close second choice.  It has a bell and a basket.  That is tough to beat.   

The first time I ever rode a train, it was in New York City. 

Even though I have lived in the suburbs of Chicago most of my life and went to college in the city, I have never been on a train in Chicago. 

My first plane trip was when I was 7 years old, to Disney World.  My most recent plane trip was to visit Nancie Atwell’s Center for Teaching and Learning in Maine several years ago. 

I prefer road trips to air travel.

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating that you live in the suburbs, but you've never been on a train to Chicago! That is usually the only way we travel downtown!

    Also, a little chuckle about your husband. You see, my husband has always been a die-hard Jeep guy as well. I think we have owned 7 different Jeeps from Grand Cherokees to Wranglers to Cherokees over the last 12 years. Then he turned and bought an....Outback. He loved it, but it didn't last long. Last year we attended the largest Subaru parade in Itasca and made it in the Guinness Book of World Records! Literally the next day, he bought "the family" a 2013 4 door Jeep Wrangler. Yup. We are back to being a Jeep family....I just read this to my hubby and he said, "The Outback won't last..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one day I will bring my bike to Chicago and we can travel down your path. :-) We love our Subaru too. My husband totally disagrees with Michelle's husband. Subarus are far more reliable than Jeep (according to car experts).

    ReplyDelete