Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WHAT CHRISTY HAS BEEN DOING (and then some)


After discovering that Terje is reaching out to me (both in her slice and through a personal e-mail), I am jumping back into slicing with an answer to her question (and a little bit more).

What Christy has been doing:
Reconnecting (with a sister who now lives in L.A.)
Walking (once with Ruth[!] and often for more than 5 miles at a time)
Writing (with the staff Write Club at school)
Planning (some home improvement projects with hubby)

What Christy has been feeling:
Angry (Have you been following what is going on with Randy Turner?  Who is next?)
Scared (Have you been following what is going on with Randy Turner?  Sometimes things like this hit too close to home)
Disappointed (about failing to reach all students)
Quiet (sometimes you have to be very careful what you say)
Loved (by hubby, by family, by school friends, by blogging buddies—especially Terje who has reached out as a sort of ambassador of kindness)

What Christy is looking forward to:
The All-Write Summer Institute
Going to Indiana with nieces and friends
Summer reading
Seeing Shaping Sound tonight in Chicago
Summer projects

12 comments:

  1. I've so missed you. I'm sorry I didn't reach out.You have been in my mind for weeks, and I just didn't take the time to write. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Your voice is noticeably absent and I wondered why but thought you may be busy with school. I will be at All Write this year and I am so looking forward to meeting up with so many bloggers. Hang on, it's around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way this post shuffles back and forth between first and third person.

    Year's almost over. Hopefully you'll stop by on a few Tuesdays over the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know that you are getting over it and moving on...and back to lend your voice to Tuesday slicing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been feeling much the same mix of busyness, stress, happiness, and craziness as you... it's always nice to know that someone feels the same way! I love that you ended on the most positive note with things you are looking forward to. I hope they find their way to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Terje's post & thanked her for nudging us all about you, Christy. I have missed you, too, yet thought it must be a good time to step back for a while, & guess it is! Thank you for sharing & I'm looking forward to meeting you at All-Write!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful when blogging friends are calling for your voice to be heard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been missed so! Glad you stopped in this Tuesday just so the rest of us could take a deep sigh of relief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!! Your post was real and heart-warming and wrenching, all at once. That is what I love about the writers I "know" here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to have you back. Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've missed you as well Christy! My offer still stands that I made a while back...Come to Oklahoma! We have crazy weather but so far not so much craziness in our schools:) Wishing I was going to the All Write this year too! Hugs from the heartland.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed you as well, even though I was only down one floor and down a hallway (and now, next door!! YAY). Sometimes we just need space and time. I was sure you'd be back, eventually. I'm looking forward to some serious PD/fun/writing/irreverent time with you this summer. Peace~ Kath

    ReplyDelete