Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Thursday, March 28, 2013

THE WEEKEND TO-DO LIST I CAN ACTUALLY DO:*


The Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by TWO WRITING TEACHERS

  • return book stack to library and get lost amongst the shelves for hours
  • unbox latest Amazon purchase
  • avoid grading
  • live dangerously by grocery shopping on an empty stomach
  • listen to latest audiobook
  • catch up on this week’s episodes of People’s Court
  • snuggle the dogs while laying on the couch as if tending to dogs gives a semblance of productivity
  • chop fresh veggies for a healthy snack option
  • choose to eat a spoonful of vanilla frosting instead
  • write a new “to-do” list combining what still isn’t done from the last list with new tasks
*At the end of REAL SIMPLE magazine, on the very last page, there is always a humorous piece of writing.  Today’s slice is inspired by one such piece.

10 comments:

  1. OH my, I could never go to the grocery store on an empty stomach. You'd find me munching on cookies as I dipped them in ice cream! Haha. :) Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. This. List. The avoiding grading, especially and napping with dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'living dangerously' Christy-do it all the time! Thanks for doing so we can see the idea-funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avoiding grading and getting lost amongst the shelves are my favorites. I'm definitely up for more lists like this and more fun in my weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to write a list like yours because I feel that my entire Spring Break has consisted of

    *nap , as if laying on the couch shows productivity
    *nap some more, so said couch feels loved!

    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we should write lists like this more often. A little laugh in the morning (sleep late was on my list for today) gives a promising start to a day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much of my list is going to look like yours. I may have to make my own for today's slice. Snuggling on couch with dogs sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this list! Grocery shopping on an empty stomach? Wow - leading a daring life! :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your list, especially the dollop of frosting that you're planning to eat. Sounds yummy!

    Isn't it funny how those Amazon boxes sometimes sit around unpacked for days on end?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is my kind of list! And like you, I'm always making a new one...and transferring over the stuff that doesn't get done from earlier lists.

    ReplyDelete