Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

WELCOMING A NEW WORD



I’ve been busy.  The good kind of busy.  Busy getting acquainted with my One Little Word:


This year, I decided to sign up for Ali Edwards’s One Little Word scrapbook class.  
the assignments I have given myself for each month and my first project

The best part is that my husband is joining me for Ali’s class.  His OLW is: curate.  Do you note the similarity in our missions?

Already, I have begun gathering tools to help me live my OLW this year.  It is a great excuse to indulge a little, the way I do at the start of a school year when I collect brand new supplies.  Don’t you just love a fresh notebook?   A tablet of notepaper quotes to give away to friends?  A new set of thank you notes? An inspirational wall calendar?  A new iPad app?
from Make My Notebook
notepad with quotes from Paper Source
page from notepad with tear-off quote to give away


thank you notes also from Paper Source
LANG Kelly Rae Roberts Wall Calendar (doesn't June's picture remind you of someone special's OLW?)
My OLW notebook on Penultimate

I think I might be carrying my OLW from 2012 into the new year by surrounding myself with all of these nudges to pay attention.

Can you tell one of my goals this year is to get better at capturing {and sharing} images?

Happy new year!


7 comments:

  1. It's so fun to read about everyone's OLW. How they got there. What they intend to do with it. I love yours mostly because of the cool little things you got to go along with it! How fun. And thanks for sharing where you got them. I may have to do a little online shopping trip!

    Happy 2013. Make it NOTEworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe at your plan for the year! I love your word embedded into a word each month. This will prove to be an interesting year. Cool supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Energy and determination fill this post. I love the way you arranged your monthly assignments. March and "note worthy" translates to SOL challenge. I so look forward reading how your journey goes. It certainly promises to be creative and fun. Pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! I love your graphics. I have digital art envy when I look at your work, Christy. It's beautiful.

    The monthly assignments are fantastic. What a great way to keep things going all year long!

    I look forward to reading about your progress on your NOTE journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also envious of your eye for design. Why is it I can make it look pretty if there is yarn involved, it if it's paper, it looks like utter pooh? I love the new word, too. I have one as well...share it at the next writing session.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely enviable & beautiful, Christy. I love the word, & all your stuff, especially the way you've set yourself some goals for the whole year! It's clear you need to give the 'keynote" for people working with their OLWs. (Found one more for you!) I think you'll have me on the lookout for more. And, like Deb, I might have to do a little shopping at the shop you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your OLW and seeing how it has the possibility of being woven and realized in so many way throughout your year. I did "notice" two years ago. How cool that your husband is in on this project.

    ReplyDelete