Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Friday Night in Text Messages


My husband:  how’d it go @ the doc?

Me:  so far so good

My husband:  love you

Me:  see you soon




Me:  Please bring home fries




Me: text me when u r on your way home, have fun

My husband: it is loud here.  I can pass gas and nobody knows it

Me:  p u. school dance was good.  lots of work, but time flew.

My husband:  great!  I hope it was a success, it was for a good cause




My husband:  on my way home, baby

11 comments:

  1. a whole new way of communicating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he bring some fries home for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one good thing about texting - we can stay in touch no matter what we're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did we survive before texting!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you asked for fries. :) You're my kind of girl! Did you get them? The next slice can be about how good they were...
    b

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought I needed to text, then I did, now I do. How will communicating change in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great snippet of life there. I recorded one of my daughter's and my exchanges for a slice also. I find that texting and Google chat are great ways to keep in touch. They have opened doors of communication for me like never before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this little exchange--one I will never have because my husband can't text--won't even learn--he's something of a technophobe!

    I have to tell you, ever since your post on the captchas, I read them whenever I have to type them in. I can't help but try to come up with definitions for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man , this font size so large -_-

      Dana Cepat

      Delete
  9. I LOVE THIS! :) I wish getting my phone to check for text slices wouldn't involve getting up off the sofa (sorry, but no way am I doing that right now). Great idea!
    Also just read your past several slices, which I completely missed while out of town. Kept wondering what you were writing, but am caught up now By the way, if your rebel hordes need more...um...guidance?....support?.....ideas?...I know someone who can help.

    ReplyDelete