Header

Header

a quote from my favorite author

“The most solid advice, though, for a writer is this, I think: Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”

-William Saroyan, The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ode to My DVR

 My husband groans, “We have a ton of shows to watch on the DVR.”

I respond with a gleeful, “I know, isn’t it great?”

What he sees as a burden, a commitment of his oh-so-valuable time, I see as a delightful escape from the never-ending “To-Do List” that looms over me. 

Thank you, DVR for bringing me such moments as:
Sheldon claiming, “They were having fun wrong.” 
Brick whispering to himself over a stolen book.
Howie Levin (outside in Times’ Square) announcing, “The litigants for our next case are entering the court room right now.”
Barney declaring something is, “Legen……wait for it…..dary.”
Mike arguing that his feet do not smell like blocks of Parmesan cheese.
Sue insulting Will Schuester for having too much gel in his hair.
and
J-Lo crying over having to deny a good person a chance at his dream. 

4 comments:

  1. I've cut down on my shows - they were becoming a to-do list of their own! But I do have my favorites and they are an escape from less friendly lists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear C,
    I am laughing out loud. I love how you use lines and scenes from your favorite shows to give us a glimpse into your life. Of course the humorous part is that I recognize several of them, as they are also my escape.
    Thanks for the giggle,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I think you deserve a long distance high five for that post! Love your use of the lines. I could definitely relate to a dvr full of goodness just waiting to be watched.

    Looking forward to more of your stories,
    Carrie F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my DVR too! I long for the time I get to spend with the DVR to catch up with the shows my husband doesn't like to watch.

    ReplyDelete